Hi,
I've just completed producing images without the patch (using old
scaling code) for None and Linear methods.
This amounts to 2*77 = 154 images totalling 110 MB. Some of these I
plan to discard, for the cases where the old and new code produce the
same result.

One of the photos had transparency information added to it, another
which was already grey I converted to greyscale.

Remaining:
 * produce 77 images each for Cubic and Lanczos
 * (possibly) produce 77 images each for None, Linear, Cubic, and
Lanczos using the patch
 * (possibly) check whether scaling in Indexed modefor the pixel art
produces identical results to None using RGB mode
 * (possibly) make webpage.

On Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM, David Gowers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I can do at least half of this task, possibly most of it.
>
> * decide on test images:
>   2 landscapes
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/hapal/2292885459/sizes/l/
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/2432037855/sizes/l/ (or
> size o/ )
>   3 portraits
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/aturkus/2091469097/sizes/l/
>    http://www.flickr.com/photos/manicomi/2472143804/sizes/l/
>    http://flickr.com/photos/newroz2005/9392539/sizes/o/in/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
>   1 cartoon
>     http://www.flickr.com/photos/stephendl/2536595458/sizes/o/
>   1 pixel art
>     http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/5647.htm#
>
> * decide on tests:
>  Scale down, single step:
>     50% 33% 12.5%
>  Scale up, single step:
>    133% 150% 200% 400%
>  Scale down, multiple steps
>  (to 66% x 3), (to 50% x 3)
>  Scale up, multiple steps
>  (to 133% x 3), (to 150% x 3)
>

> * Save results of tests before applying patch
> * (probably) Save results of tests after applying patch
> * Make webpage
>
> The one thing I definitely can't do is
> * Host webpage.

I might be able to make a PDF.I suspect the smallest it could possibly
get is 20mb.