Hi,

On Fri, 2008-10-03 at 07:58 +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> Regarding question B however, I believe we need to do something. It
> doesn't seem as if people easily make the association we wanted them to
> make: where you see Wilber, you can drop an image to open it. (Some
> people doesn't even see that it is Wilber, although IMO it is pretty
> obvious.) I see two options:
>
> 1. Hide the toolbox Wilber by default, or
> 2. Add a UI in the Preferences to toggle toolbox Wilber on and off.
>
> When Wilber was added in the toolbox in the development version my
> opinion was that he should not be in the Toolbox, and I still have that
> standpoint. In other words, I think we should go for option 1 for GIMP
> 2.6.1.

No way. This would be a UI and string change and as such it is
completely unacceptable for a stable release. If it would be absolutely
necessary in order to fix a severe bug, that would be something
different. But this is such a no-issue that it is definitely not worth
it.

Apart from that, we, the developers and the UI team, decided that the
graphics should be there. I don't see why we should change our mind now.
There are always a few people complaining. There's nothing you can do
about that.