On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 17:08 +0200, Jernej Simončič wrote:
[...]
> Show me one person outside GIMP developer community that thinks this
> is a sane change.

I don't think many people think it's a sane change, but that's
not the right question.  The question is, will the resulting
interface be good?

People (including me) were very doubtful about the empty image
window, and whilst I'm not 100% happy, I'm 99% happy, and it
worked out much better than I had feared.  So I'm willing to
see what happens here.

If you want something different though, you'll need to do more
than say the proposed change is insane.  You'll need to supply a
new proposal that fits in with the vision of GIMP as an xcf editor,
or, persuade Peter and others to change the vision slightly.

Best,

Liam