> I have tried all possible permutations of paper size between Gimp and the
> Windows driver.  Since this setup works great for all other applications
> (e.g. Word, IE, Firefox, etc.), I don't see how the problem could lie
> anywhere else than Gimp.

(The problem is in  GTK+ more likely, but that GTK+ is technically
separate is mostly irrelevant to end-users.)

Yes, it is well known that GTK+ printing (and thus GIMP printing) on
Windows doesn't really work that well. My advice is always to use some
other application to print images then instead, if GIMP isn't up to
it. Opening an image file in another app and printing from there
shouldn't take more than five seconds extra.

In fact, I would even recommend that, if the situation really is as
bad as it seems to be, the print plug-in is made optional (and not
selected by default) in the GIMP installer for Windows...

Sure, it would be nice if somebody fixed the problems. Volunteers welcome.