On Tue, 2009-08-18 at 11:26 -0500, Erik Lotspeich wrote:

> Thank you for the perspective.  It seems that the printing part of Gimp
> is a second-class citizen that doesn't have the refinement of the rest
> of Gimp.

You misunderstood that. The Windows platform is the second-class citizen
here. There is a serious lack of contributions from the world of Windows
users and developers. Perhaps its because most developers that happen to
like working on free software use a free operating system. I don't know.
All I know is that there are lots of known issues with the Windows port
and there are only very few people working on them.