On 10/25/2009 11:35 PM, Ilya Zakharevich wrote:
> If you think the dialogue is nagging, it is better to make a checkbox
> "do not show this again, show online help directly".  AND, maybe,
> never show the same dialogue in the same session.

It won't nag me less just because I can dismiss it for the future.
Either the dialog presents important information that I need to see,
or it doesn't and I don't need to see it.

These "Don't show this any more"-dialog boxes is a sign
of insecureness in the "personality" of the application. We
don't want GIMP to be like that, we want GIMP to be confident
it what it is doing.

My GIMP Blog: