On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 4:28 AM, Liam R E Quin <l...@holoweb.net> wrote:
> I wonder if there's a half-way possibility, of having a small
> subset of the documentation shipped with GIMP, or easily
> downloaded? And still have the full manual kept separate.
I actually like the idea. IF we could have maunals for all major bits,
like tools and basic concepts, core help, not more that 10MB, shiped
with gimp and rest avalable for download, then most bases would be
covered. Peraps web help usage stats can help us see what help files
are most requested.

Another thing, pehraps worth considering is caching help. If auser has
asked for it and downloaded it, it should remain localy available.