I examined a little that "jamming" with mypaint, and it seems that in some
circumstances, the mouse and tablet events are somehow discarded or
something (they are not received to dialog message handler). Keyboard events
are still received in msg handler, and e.g. X works correctly, and both xev
and xidump receive events normally.

Since I have a feeling that it is somehow related to GTK, I think that my
findings holds for gimp (and other gtk apps), too. I use tablet only for
gimp and mypaint, and I haven't examined other gtk apps.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean that you should not develop GIMP dynamics, just
that you probably don't need to develop artistic brushes. But check out that
MyPaint brush dynamics variables, that may give ideas for GIMP, too.
Certainly, it would be just excellent, if GIMP and mypaint brushes would be
interchangeable, maybe even a separate full featured brush editor for tuning

And yes, my aim is to (1) sketch pictures, then (2) paint, and then (3) make
some finetunings, scaling and such. MyPaint fits for 2, GIMP for 3. GIMP is
better for setting up the composition and sketching, but a little bit
overweighted for that :) MyPaint lacks abilities for "scissoring" images,
using grids/perspetive aids and such, which I find useful for sketching a

Maybe some point in future, there would be a bunch of programs, operating
with same basic settings and file formats, so that I could easily use
suitable drawing program for different purposes :)