Cameron Gregory <public <at> bloke.com> writes:

http://blog.bloke.com/2010/06/howto-build-gimp-2-7-1-from-source-step-by-step-ubuntu/

> (uses 10.04 LTS Ubuntu)
>
> very easy to use :)
>
> Cameron

Thanks Cameron and Owen! I managed to install it according to those
instructions.

But something strange has happened: Gimp won't recognize any mouse clicks
on the canvas. I can use dialogs and press toolbar buttons but I can't
draw on the canvas. Stranger still, it affected Inkscape which now behaves
the same way.

Something to do with GTK maybe?
Or possibly with Xorg.conf? I did attempt unsuccessfully to install my tablet
(which is old and apparently no longer supported by LinuxWacom)m but I don't
think I did any harm to the xorg.conf file, and anyway, other apps seem to be
working fine, it's just the canvases on both Gimp and Inkscape.

Any ideas?