On 08/10/2010 10:28 AM, LightningIsMyName wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Martin Nordholts<ense...@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> 2. We need to define a "usable" plugin browser. One of the features I'm
>>> missing the most, is a preview image. Plugins should have an option to
>>> register a preview image of their effect (probably by having the image's
>>> binary data embedded in them). This also relates to the feature request
>>> of having a logo script browser...
>> I don't think registering a fixed preview image is good enough, it
> Believe me, I really want a dynamic preview on the current image :-)
> But, it's not practical as some plugins take way too long to operate -
> trying to create a preview on the current image might take way too
> long to be any good.

Just because some plug-ins are too slow for live preview doesn't mean we
shouldn't have it for simpler plug-ins. Besides, we can have it for slow
plug-ins as well, we just do the preview calculations asyncronously. And
the previews will be small, so it won't take that much time even on slow

  / Martin

My GIMP Blog:
"Automatic tab style and removed tab title bar"