On 09/19/2010 03:46 PM, fu...@gmx.net wrote:
> A few programs (CinePaint for example) use dcraw to allow direct support for
> opening/processing RAW files of many camera manufacturers. I personally
> think, that it would be a great feature for GIMP, too.
> I've also read, that the full implementation of GEGL will provide native RAW
> support in a future version of GIMP. Is this true or is raw support a planned
> feature at least?

The GIMP product vision [1] states among other things:

   "GIMP is a high-end photo manipulation application"

which certainly includes RAW support out-of-the-box. So yes, eventually
GIMP will get that. But there is no plan for when the code for it will
be written. Maybe after GIMP 3.0 when we have high bit-depths and
non-destructive editing in place will be a good time to include it, but
no one will reject a good set of patches that adds it already to 3.0.

  / Martin

[1] http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign#product_vision

My GIMP Blog:
"Automatic tab style and removed tab title bar"