On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 7:38 AM,  <oli...@first.in-berlin.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 01:39:42PM +0400, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> [...]
>> The way things are going native RAW support in GIMP using GEGL + some
>> can-opener library will likely require a dedicated developer in the
>> team. Which the team doesn't seem to have right now, being heavily
>> shorthanded and outnumbered.
> [...]

Oliver -

this rant has no reason to be.  Sorry for that.
It makes no sense to start working in a project the size of GIMP
without having to learn the code already in there first.

What do you mean by a "workshop"? Like a physical face to face class,
where one would be pointing "this is the tools directory, inside it
there are the files that ,make for the tool classes..."? Not shure if
that could help.

Anyway, I've written an article a couplle of months ago that is now
published here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/os-gimp/index.html?ca=drs-
Maybe that fulfills part of what you call "a workshop".

Now, please - these kindof rants won't change anyones atitude in here
- the developers willjust feel ill towards you. Keep experimenting,
trying, learning, and asking about code - refrain from rants: they
just take us nowhere.

regards,

   js
  -><-