On Sat, 16 Oct 1999, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> I remember some thoughts about a seperate plug-in cvs server where
> most or all plug-ins reside. plug-in authors would easily get access.
> plug-ins that don't compile or don't survive beta tests just wouldn't be
> distributed (or the plug-in cvs would become a seperate tarball, which
> IMHO is not useful, though).

What do we do for i18n? Today, there are two translation files:
gimp -> core
gimp-std-plugins -> plugins shipped with Gimp
There is no consensus, and even no published opinion, as to where to store
translations for plugins not shipped with core.

David Monniaux     Tel: +33 1 44 32 20 66    Fax: +33 1 44 32 20 80
Laboratoire d'informatique de l'École Normale Supérieure,
45 rue d'Ulm - 75230 PARIS cedex 5 - FRANCE