> I know I'm repeating myself, but why not use _both_? In the case of
> the opacity slider, the number is displayed right beside it. Making
> this number a spinbutton would not take up very much more screen real
> estate and it would allow everyone to work with the value in the
> manner they prefer.
>
> I'd like to see more slider/spinbox combinations in the GIMP. The
> slider is great for figuring out the correct value but being able
> to tune it by typing in a number is essential for precision work.

Why not use slider - input box combination? You can adjust the slider with
keyboard, so the spinbutton is kinda unnecessary - or you can just insert a
value there..

If we put there a slider _and_ a spinbutton, we need to beware of making the
dialogs too large - not everyone has a 21" screen with high resolution, and
the always-present problem is the screen estate that happens to be too small
all the time (except when you are doing a 24x24 pixel gnome-stock icon :)

Thoughts? I am open to correction and willing to learn new GUI things :)

Tuomas

--

.---( t i g e r t @ g i m p . o r g )---.
| some stuff at http://tigert.gimp.org/ |