On Mon, Nov 01, 1999 at 09:41:17PM +0100, "Guillermo S. Romero / Familia Romero"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why I say that? Becuase Unix swap (I suppose to a partition, not to a file)
> will be better than Gimp swap

This is totally wrong in the case of Linux (ok, not unix, but even more
common).

With a better layout, gimp swapping should be able to succeed virtual
memory in all cases (of if partition writes are faster).

(Ok, 2.4 will fix most of linux´ swpaping mess and use a better layout on
disk, but at the moment what I say holds).