Sven Neumann wrote:

> Hi,
> well, we already agreed that the modifier keys need some rework. I volunteer
> to do the job, but I don't want to start hacking before we have discussed the
> issue and found a suitable solution. So, to start the discussion, here's a
> list of the current state. Many thanks to Sven Riedel who helped to create
> this
> list:
> <snip...>... Also, please inform me if this is list is wrong or incomplete.

> Salut, Sven

Nice list. Let's make it messier.
There is also the (unwanted) relationship between <Preferences
Categories>/Interfaces/Image Windows. "Disable Cursor updating" which disables
all select modifiers as well.
[see #2568: [gimp-bug] key modifiers not working for selections with cursor
update off]
I'm tasking myself to address this bug, probably this weekend.

Be good, be well