From: Seth Burgess [mailto:seth.burg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:20 AM
To: Stefan Maerz
Cc: Brent Shifley; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp newbie trying to get a job done.

Actually "color to alpha" adds an alpha channel if it doesn't already have one,
so you don't need to do that step.

Seth
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:14 AM, Stefan Maerz
<stefanma...@gmail.com<mailto:stefanma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Brent,

If your image isn't proprietary, I'd recomend uploading a sample to an image
host like photobucket to show us.

Without looking, a very useful tool for me has been color>color to alpha. This
will require that you have the alpha channel enabled ( iirc -- posting from my
phone -- can be done through layers>transparency>add alpha channel.

If you play around with this feature a little bit you'll figure its strengths
and weaknesses out quickly.

Hth,
-Stefan Maerz