On 6/6/12, Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The GEGL based TIFF loader is more like proof of concept. I don't
> think Simon finished porting it.
> Well, some things are knowingly broken, many things are knowingly
> unfinished. It's best to hang around in the IRC channel, if you really
> care about 2.9 a lot.

Alexandre,

I must say that Linux has been a learning experience at every turn.
Sometimes I think there is too much to learn. Figuring out how to
compile Gimp from git felt like an accomplishment.  But alas, I don't
know anything at all about IRC. Could you point me in the right
direction (software, url, instructions, etc)?
--
Elle