On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM, houghi wrote:

>> > Also I would be interested in knowing if the
>> > default can be changed easily. e.g. I always work with jpg files.
>>
>> It can't.
>
> Well, that seriously sucks. From how I read it, it is because of what GIMP
> wants, not what the user wants.

This is the core of your delusion.

There is no "the user". There are all kinds of folks with different
habits, workflows and past experience of using similar software.

Six years ago we decided that we will be catering to the needs of
professionals. The new save/export separation is one of the outcomes
of that decision. We've already seen that target audience likes this
change. It means we did it right.

Yes, it comes with the cost of parting with some of the existing
users. There is nothing horrible about it. It happens all the time.
There are other apps people can use. There's no need to turn this into
a drama.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org