On 08/13/2012 08:12 AM, Stephen Allen wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 09:27:36AM -0700, Archie Arevalo wrote:

>> More power to GIMP development and developers.
>
> Agreed +100 One thing sure in life is constant change. If software isn't
> evolving then it's not improving.

If the GIMP is not evolving, it is not carrying its users forward in
the direction of improved photo and graphics editing capabilities.
Tools and their users co-evolve.

Some people's least favorite bit of GIMP 2.8, the new default to
save as XCF, is a step in the direction of supporting rational
document control for image files.  I have been "doing things that
way by hand" for a long time so it does not bother me at all - in
fact it simplifies my workflow just a little.

:o)

Steve