Hi Gimpers

I only recently upgraded to 2.8 from 2.6 and was wondering if I am the only
one missing the option to edit the file extension in the SAVE form
which basically allowed you to Save, Save Copy, Save As or Export to any
format from the same form?

I also found it strange that if I now open a JPG file (or drag into GIMP),
I can't save changes (to the JPG) directly (it wants to save to native Gimp
format), so I again first have to go to Export instead!

I am wondering why this was incorporated, and if it's going to stay, is
there a setting I can set to work like I am used to (and find much faster
and more flexible)?