>The gimp developers are not in general photoshop users, and it's not
>the
>goal of gimp to be a photoshop clone.
>
>So the question is really, what does these style things let you
>accomplish and how do you use them? Are they for the text editor?
>
>Liam

They have brought most other actions from photoshop to gimp and this is an
important aspect of the general overall program. They are important to me as I
use them all the time in my digital scrapbooking.
Styles are preset effects that change your text or images in just a single
click.
Like changing a shape of a leaf into an embossed dot pattern. I could go in an
create each style independently but styles are a one click shopping for ease of
use.
Is there a way to create a layer effect and saving it so that it can be used all
the time?
Pam

--
pamcreates (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)