> Von: kzibart <for...@gimpusers.com>

> Just keep in mind, Kaspersky's product is only one of apparently multiple that
> cause this problem.  I still haven't found what is causing it on my system
> (I've
> never installed Kaspersky's product).

Kaspersky, Camtasia, SnagIt and Camstudio have been confirmed, and I've read
that TuneUp Utitilies is suspected to cause this as well.

Camstudio is promising, because this is FLOSS just like GIMP - but its history
(Abandonware, rescued and now published by people without real insight into its
workings*) is a bit discouraging.

> So I still think this needs to be addressed by the GIMP team, or whoever is
> responsible for the common UI used by GIMP and other programs like Inkscape,
> as that seems to be where the incompatibility lies.

To avoid any misunderstanding, nobody disputes that GTK+ might be at fault here
- but having a place to start from would make much more sense than poking at
random places in the source code.

What I expect from one of the application creators mentioned above could for
example be along the lines of "our app influences drag events $asfollows, check
if you are handling $thingtohandle in your software/GTK+, as described in

*From the Camstudio FAQ:

"'I have downloaded your source code and found them very interesting. Would you
tell me how the function XXX in file YYY works ?'

Please do not direct technical questions related to the source code to us."