I wish I could help, but I seriously doubt GTK+ is coded in IBM z/OS assembler!
And I fully understand that this is a low priority issue.  When I first reported
it over a year ago, I couldn't find a single other post about the issue.  So I
figure it must not be something common to many people.  And in that year+, I've
learned to work around the issues.

I thought I reported that Inkscape has this issue as well.  The interface is
somewhat different, but I have encountered buttons not activating on clicks,
similar to what I experience in GIMP.  If you know of other GTK+ applications
built for Windows with similar UI elements, I'd be happy to install and test
them out.

kzibart (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)
gimp-user-list mailing list