On 08/07/2015 05:28 PM, George Misdary wrote:

I'm not certain if this is the right place for this, but here goes,
A few weeks ago I was on a mission to find a simple, yet effective, image
editing program for a project I'm working on.After several frustrating
experiences with a bunch of 'complete duds' and 'nice trys', I finally came
across the GIMP.
Within a few minutes of using GIMP, my reaction was simply WOW! Over the few weeks since I've been
using it, that reaction has only continued to flourish and expand.In every step, so far, I've found
GIMP to be unbelievably intuitive, logical, stable, capable, powerful, and simply brilliant to
use.It is far and away one of the best programs I've ever used, not only as a graphics program but
period!For every function that I thought "Hmm, it'd be nice if ...", within a few
seconds/minutes of poking around on the hyper-intuitive interface; I've not only found exactly what
I was looking for, but something-like a dozen other ways to expand upon what I was looking for.
Rarely do I find this level of... maturity in a program and for a program that is released for free
none-the-less, I'm simply blown away!!I'm not exaggerating when I say that on a practically daily
basis, that I've used GIMP, I find myself saying "I really love this program".
I'm sure you hear things like this fairly regularly, but I still wanted to send
this email to give a HUGE shout-out to the developers, contributors, and all
involved with making this such a kick-a## product!
Kudos and THANK YOU!!!

If I did not know better, I would think you were a friend of one of the developers. :-)

Seriously I do have a question: What other image editing program(s) do you have experience with? (Not just "tried them", but actual significant use.)

My reason for asking is that Gimp is sometimes more intuitive for people who don't have a lot of experience with another image program (because they are somewhat expecting things to be like that other program).

You are a bit special -- in my experience, most people have a more difficult learning curve than you seem to have had.

gimp-user-list mailing list