On 12/17/2015 03:13 PM, Kasim Ahmic wrote:

> What version of GIMP are you using? I know from experience that a certain
> older version of GIMP did that every time it loaded however it was patched in
> later versions. If you have an older version, try the latest (2.8.16) and see
> if that fixes it.

Presently using GIMIP 2.8.10 on Linux Mint.  The slow startup due to
rescan of all plugins & etc. is a feature, not a bug; I have
observed it across all the versions on all platforms I have used.
The more optional components you have, the longer it takes the GIMP
to start.  I do have a lot of brushes and more than the usual number
of scripts and plugins...

:o)