> Gesendet: Freitag, 18. Dezember 2015 um 06:53 Uhr

> I just clocked the opening GIMP at 43 seconds flat, on an AMD 64
> dual core system with 1.5 GB of RAM and Linux 17.  This is typical
> of my experience on other platforms with other versions of the GIMP,
> going back at least to GIMP 2.6 on a very adequate office
> workstation running Windows XP.
>
> Here's the reason:
>
> 172 brushes
> 112 script-fu scripts
> 92 fonts
> 1 python plugin

You write "reason". Got any profiling data that supports this and pinpoints the
exact reason for the delay?

I'm asking because I couldn't claim this myself without that kind of research,
but you might have done it already - you've probably checked whether startup is
faster with less scripts, plug-ins and such, and slower with more, ...

--
Regards,
Michael