On 13/10/16 00:14, FierySwordswoman wrote:
I've been learning Python as a hobby for a while and can now write my own user
interfaces in TkInter or the 3rd party Kivy.

I'm trying to launch my own UI that can run Procedural Database plugins and
whatnot, but I can't figure out how to create a GIMP python plugin without using
the "Register(...)" command and it's built-in widgets.
Any help on how to get started with this is appreciated.

You have to use register(), but you can have an empty parameter list. Then your plugin is called directly without the Gimp-built dialog.