On 13/10/16 20:13, FierySwordswoman wrote:
You have to use register(), but you can have an empty parameter list.
Then your plugin is called directly without the Gimp-built dialog.
What, you mean with no "PF-XXX" parameters? Yeah, I got that much as I've made
scripts with both no UI and the built-in UI before. I'm rather certain it still
wants you to use their UI, though.

Something like this:

register(
    'new-image',
    'Creates a new image','Creates a new image',
    'Myself','Myself',
    '2012',
    'Create new image',
    '',[],[],
    newImage,
    menu='<Image>/File/Create/'
)

This script will run without showing up a dialog, and will even run if no images are open in Gimp.

Even if that's all it took, there's still the issue of gimp using a watered down
Python 2.7.5, which I'm not sure how to add normal modules to.

Pip could work...

I assume Kivy's
pretty much out of the question, but TkInter's normally built in to python,
except with gimp a number of base modules, including TkInter, aren't present
anymore.

As Kevin says, PyGTK is a good option.
I already have python 3.4 and 2.7 installations on my pc, but it's unlikely they
can be made relevant here.

Don' t speak to fast, and check the /lib/gimp/2.0/interpreters/pygimp.interp file in the Gimp install tree. You can very likely switch to your own 2.7.x. Of course, you'll end up writing scripts that only you can use :)