><https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gimp-user-list>
>As you say TkInter isn't in the GIMP supplied Python (which is a pity
>as it uses native file browsers instead of the GTK abomination), but
>you can use PyGTK, which you should be able to understand quite
>readily as you have TkInter experience.
>
>Here's a relatively simple PyGTK GIMP plug-in I wrote some time ago:
>https://bitbucket.org/paynekj/paynekj-gimp-scripts/src/2e8e87faf5eaaf6036e0d8b68ff9f6f37a3f0421/plug-ins/pygtk_add_multiple_guides.py?at=default
>
>Kevin

Ah, thanks. It does indeed remind me of TkInter. I should be able to
reverse-engineer your example code to do some useful stuff.

-Ideally, I use the os module for most of my file-browser-esque operations. Once
I learn how to make more complex Kivy widgets, my current and future programs
that use file explorers will likely use a hand-made solution instead of Kivy's
default widget. When I made my first program (Used TkInter), making my own file
explorer turned out pretty nicely.

--
FierySwordswoman (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)