>If you have Gimp text layers, do not copy and paste. You will lose the
>text properties, what was a text layer becomes regular graphics.
>
>What you can do is click-n-drag the text layer, from one image up into
>the tab of another. That then becomes active, continue the drag down
>into the canvas area before releasing the mouse. Takes a little
>practice
>
>Another way is: Open the CD template @ 300 ppi.
>
>Then Open-as-Layers the previous work. Any text layers will still be
>there, too small, but easy to increase the font size (x3) all other
>layers can be deleted (or even resized if you think you can get away
>with the reduced quality).
>
>or
>
>If you have the text (raw?) as a text file, that can be copied and
>pasted into the Gimp text tool.
>
>If you have done what most beginners do and export flattened (png /
>jpg / pdf) images. Best plan is start again from scratch. Always
>**save** your work as Gimp xcf files, that saves all layers, guides,
>masks, etc Only when complete then **export** the image.
>
>rich: www.gimp-forum.net

I do have all my XCF files. I used tried this method:  click-n-drag the text
layer, from one image up into
the tab of another. It works really well and you're right the text is very very
tiny. I had to increase the font size from the original 40 to about 100. If not
this should do fine and save some time.
I tried this with a color background and it did fine, I just needed to scale the
size back up and position it. So with this method am I losing quality?

Of course I know I'm starting from scratch with the 2 pics importing them into
the 300 ppi template, that's fine.

--
GerryPeters (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)