On 3/12/2001 07:35, Carl Constantine at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On 3/12/2001 06:58, Jason P. Holland at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the quick response.  In IE 5.5, the background is light blue.  In
>> netscape 4.76 on my linux box, its black.  the graphic is at
>> http://jholland.nichware.net/alivepreview.html.  i have no clue.  seems like
>> it would work.  thanks for the help.
>
> It appears properly in MSIE 5.0 on the Mac. Netscape has a black background.
>
> I would hazard to guess that MSIE 5.5 on Winblows isn't fully alpha-png
> compatible just as suggested by Rebecca Walter. It must be supported in the
> browser for it to work.

I just thought of another approach, since the graphic looks quite nice with
the exception of the boarder around the main image, you can always try
cropping the image so there is no boarder/background. Then it won't matter
what browser you use, it will look correct.

    __   _                                           Carl B. Constantine
   / /  (_)__  __ ____  __                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /  (2.4.1)                        ICQ: 26351441
                                            PGP key available on request