On Wednesday 31 March 2004 03:52 pm, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh)
wrote:
> Le 31.03.2004 22:29, John Culleton a écrit :
> >On Wednesday 31 March 2004 01:34 pm, GSR - FR wrote:
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (2004-03-31 at 2011.13 +0200):
>
> [.. destructive compression ..]
>
> >I am busy window shopping on Ebay etc. If the monitor
> > has an adjustment for color temperature is that the
> > equivalent of adjustable gamma? Or are they different
> > parameters?
>
> No, it is an other thing. There are 4 important
> parameters:
>
> - white point and black point, both are adjusted with
> brightness and contrast settings
> - colour temperature: a tungstene light has a colour
> temperature of about 3200K, a flash lamp gives you a
> colour temperature of about 5500K, sunny daylight is
> about 6500K. With high colour temperatures, the colour
> cast is blueish, with low colout temperature, it is
> redish. Normal office work dispaly uses color temperature
> as high as 9300K. For photography, 6500K is better.
> - gamma : this is the non linear function transfer of the
> brightness given by the display as a function of the
> pixel value.

So how do I determine which monitors, if any can have
adjustable Gamma? BTW I specified 3.0 gamma in my
XF86Config file but I can spot no difference in the test
files. So my current Orion monitor (17") does not seem to
adjust.

--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers