On Fri, Apr 23, 2004 at 11:23:32AM +1000, David Burren wrote:

> Kevin Myers wrote:
> >

> Using Photoshop 7 on my wife's XP machine which is a 1.8GHz version
> of my System A seems OK, but I haven't done a lot of work with it
> as she keeps wanting to use it...

i am curious.  do you think that if the adobe geniuses could make their
software compile on linux, if it would slow it down.

i am not sure where gimp is losing this "race" of yours but the fact
that i can run gimp on linux and can not run photoshop (any flavor or
version) to compare gives photoshop some weird edge.

is the very fact that the linux community shared with YOU part of what
slows gimp down?

carol