Helge Hielscher wrote:

> On Thu, 06 May 2004 17:28:10 -0700, Richard McCormick wrote:
>> I run both WinXP Pro and Mandrake 10.0 was just loaded up yesterday.  I
>> have played with Mandrake for a couple of years now on and off but mostly
>> off to be honest.  So I'm not much into CVSing or compiling especially
>> from what I read for compiling the GIMP 2.0 from scratch ( I need:
>> pkg-config, GTK+ 2.2.2, GLib 2.2.0, Pango 1.2.0, ATK 1.2.0, FreeType2,
>> FontconfiPX libart2).  I'm not up to that, got too much going on so I was
>> wondering if anyone has compiled an RPM of GIMP 2.0 for Mandrake 10.0 or
>> are planning to and if so please post here with a link??
> 1) Set up your urpmi using http://www.urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php
> 2) install gimp2 using rpmdrake or urpmi
> Regards,
> Helge

Hi Helge,

I'm sorry I have no idea what I'm supposed to do here.

I tried urpmi'ing in the console by typing urpmi gimp 2. and I got quite a
list and the gimp was in there but I'm not sure if this is off an old list
or a new data list on line.  I'm an "old newbie", meaning I play with
Mandrake but never had much use for it, but with the new Mandrake 10 it's
MUCH more usable and would like to make sure that I have all the newest
GIMP files installed, seeing as it's about the closest thing to Photoshop,
which I use over in Windows XP.

Someone on the Windows users group was going to compile a Mandrake 10rpm of
the GiMP  but I guess he's busy right now so that's on hold! :-(

So if you don't mind doing a little hand holding then I might get the old
linux juices flowing a bit more, I'm just not getting what to do on that
site.  I copy/pasted the info into a terminal (su/password/index.php,v 1.10
2004/05/10 20:44:07 trem Exp $) and then hit enter.  I just blindly chose
some mirrors and then proceeded as typed above and so I'm not sure what I
did there but it didn't give me any errors or anything.  What I need to
know is which program I use to access these updates now.  In Mandrake I
have the following for software packages: Install, Remove, Updates, Media
Manager and Manage computer group.  I would imagine that I would use the
Updates area but it doesn't give me any options to go outside of the
Mandrake Official release mirrors.  So that's where I'm stuck.

H E L P !

Richard ;-)~