-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Marco Wessel
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2004 1:15 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Making an image with a white background
transparent?

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 12:57:59PM -0700, dreadnought wrote:

> The tutorial mentions painting underneath the image to replace the
> white that should be part of the graphic, but doesn't go into how to
> do this?

You can either select the region you don't want included, invert it, and
then apply colour to alpha (thus excluding the white parts of the graphic),
or you can create a new layer under the layer with your graphic and paint
white into that.

Marco