On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 02:53:44PM -0400, Robert Krueger wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am having a terrible time getting 2.01 to run in my Suse 9.0
> system.    I do have 1.2 working ok, but I have read everything I can on
> this, and spent 3 weeks on and off trying to get it to configure.    I
> feel especially bad because we downloaded the 2.01 Windows version onto
> my wifes new Dell laptop with the XP system, and it's running peachy, no
> problems.    The main problem centers around pkg-config.    Here's the
> error.
>
> "pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0'   returned 2.2.3 but GLIB ( 2.3.6 )
> was found!"

i had similar problems with debian.  i did not type "pkg-config
--modversion glib-2.0' but figured it out some other way (i read spew
too much).

the way i solved it on debian was to build a cvs version of glib in
/usr/local and add it to the path when i built my own deb of gtk2.

the developers lied to me or have something else going on when they told
me that debian gave them a working version.

too much script-fu in their background, i think.

carol