On 25 Jul 2004 23:25:16 +0200
Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote the words:

> Hi,
>
> Linux GIMP <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I'm wanting to make a favourite icon for my web site.  I created an
> > icon using Baby Gimp in the xpm format.  Now I need to get it to ico
> > format.
>
> No, you don't. Using the .ico format for the infamous favicon is
> fortunately not needed any longer and using a server-wide favicon file
> should be considered deprecated. Please use a PNG file and specify it
> in the HTML header:
>
>   <link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="icon.png" />
>

> Sven

Really?  Didn't know that.  Thank you for telling me.  I already got it
going in *.ico format, but I may change it next time I'm playing around.
 Thanks again.

Adrian

--
On The Fly Photography -:- Creation From Chaos

On The Fly Photography:  204EastSouth.com
Modeling Projects:  204EastSouth.com/current.htm
Photography:  204EastSouth.com/photo.htm
Purchase from On The Fly:  www.cafepress.com/onthefly

email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
phone: 970-419-8976