Linux GIMP wrote:

Talking about thumbnail viewers:

First off,  I have also searched for a thumbnail viewer that will show
xcf files.  I have GThumb installed (Gentoo box) and it does not show my
xcf file thumbnails.  I have searched for any type of
settings/preferences dialogue but found nothing.

Please note that there is no program other than GIMP that can create thumbnails out of XCF files (unless it calls gIMP to load the file, of course).

I would also kill for a viewer which can read bzipped files.  I have
huge tiff files which I scan in then manipulate.  I keep in originals
int tif.bz2 format.  The "open file" dialogue box is the only thingy I
have found capable of generating & showing a thumbnail of these files.

If you saved the file with GIMP, there should be a thumbnail, too.

Any suggestions or hits with the stupid stick that you can send my way?

Are you using a 2.0 version of GIMP?

The GIMP >    | IRC: irc://
    Wiki >   | .de:
Sodipodi > | IRC: irc://