Gezim Hoxha wrote:

As far as "gimptool" I wouldn't know...but I guess (big guess) that
it's just some part of gimp--maybe toolbar!

gimptool is a script that help you to compile gimp plug-ins. It knows about all the compiler switches that are needed, calls the compiler to build the plug-in and can even install it to the right place.

For simple plug-ins that consist of only one .c file, it can replace a Makefile. (Older plug-in Makefiles used gimptool to get some values, mainly cflags and ldflags, but this is now discouraged in favor for pkg-config).

HTH,
Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org      | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp