I note that the newest version of Gimp will allow for vector layers in some
way. This is a very positive step. But I haven't heard about CMYK color
model lately. Since my major use is in preparing materials for print this
would not be a step but a leap forward. Are there plans for anything new
on the CMYK front?  Ideally (for printers) Gimp would output a postscript
or even a pdf file using vectors instead of bitmaps and with colors
expressed in cmyk terms. Is such a capability on the drawing board yet?

--
John Culleton

Short list of publishing/marketing books: