On Tuesday 21 June 2005 19:26, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Alan Horkan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > This change was suggested a while back, on the developer list I
> > think.  If I recall correctly it was implemented and is included
> > in the latest CVS version of the GNU Image Manipulation program
> > but now that I look at the mailing list archives I may be
> > mistaken:
> >
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/msg0
> >8055.html
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/gimp-user@lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/msg0
> >8081.html
>
> This change was discussed but never got implemented. The divergence
> of feedback actually demotivated me enough to decide to work on
> other things instead. Quite a few people seem to like (and actually
> use) the current behaviour. I am reluctant to add more preferences
> but perhaps we really need one here?
>
> Perhaps we can trade it in for another preference option? So let's
> see... Instead of voting for "Space key pushes move tool" against
> "Space key allows panning", let's ask "What preference would you
> miss least?".

I feel very reliefed that there will be an option fot this...I
actually use the move tool so much with space that I was really
worried about it going away.

So, I fired up the preferences dialog, and the first place I would
search fo this is in the tab "input devices". And lo - there is some
space to spare there. There could be a couple radiobuttons to
configure this behavior just above  the "extended input devices",
what do you think?

        JS
        -><-