On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 10:00:17AM +0200, Andreas Waechter wrote:
> >please continue to steal
> [...]
> >leave it alone in the name of netiquette!
>
> Ah, I understand:
>
> Netiquette means that you are allowed to imply that someone
> is a thief but that you are not allowed to talk about mail
> list behaviour.
>
> Thanks for making that clear to me.

did you have to pay to get gimp?  maybe i am confused.  i really think
that ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.2/ is free to download and install
yourself.  i also think that these lists have been and are free to
subscribe to since 2000 (or before) as i have been signed up for free
and to receive.  and that the original developers set everything up to
work (very well) on gnu/linux since then (except recently with the file
selector stuff -- and i have some very interesting theories about that
which i keep freely to myself).

i am more than willing to be corrected -- in fact, a correction to these
facts might help me out of what i consider to be a not good situation.

please, some facts that oppose these few facts i have....

also, do the other 15 mail lists have the history with gnu/linux that
gimp has or are they about software and projects that were made to work
with other operating systems?

fill me in.  i have been using this crap gnu/linux for a very long time
by now and i suspect there is plenty that i do not know.  i need some
one like you to explain it to me.

carol