On 11/6/05, Ernesto Orozco Coulson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for your response. I get to understand that I
> wil need to use JavaScript.
>
> In my opinion this should be easier in GIMP in the
> future.

GIMP isn't designed for this purpose, and plenty of code is already
available for this purpose.  Why reinvent the wheel?

Frankly, If memory serves me right, very little code in GIMP is
related to web development, regardless of whether or not GIMP is used
in it.

If someone is willing to contribute the code, then certainly I see no
reason why it will not be looked at.  However, there are bigger, and
in some people's opinions, more important, things that are
prerequisites before such things will be considered.  Existing coders
are overwhelmed with SIOD, maintenance, GEGL, and simply planning
16-bit-per-channel support, among other things, many major features
could be years away as it stands.

If you feel this is important, you are free to purchase Macromedia
Fireworks and use that instead.

You can also downgrade to GIMP 1.x and use existing plugins (as they
are not forward compatible and many may or may not be helpful for your
purpose) and scripts (there are many which use commands which are
deprecated in newer versions).

That said, you are entitled to your opinion, and if someone looks at
it and decides to include such a thing, I don't believe there is
anything wrong with that.

It may also be worth looking at W3C (World Wide Web Consortium,
w3.org) standards, as, if I remember correctly, they discourage such
things in modern web content.  [It's not very cross platform or
accessability-friendly, for example -- especially if it's done in a
flash plug-in, as Macromedia Fireworks does it.]

Of course, it all depends on your target audience.

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents