On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:07:41PM -0600, Myke C. Subs wrote:
> Carol Spears wrote:
>
> >thank you for sticking with it.
>
> I *require* "Add Glow" in the work that I do with The GIMP.  I have no
> choice but to stick with it. :)
>
> >try editing this script to use /opt/gnome instead of /usr/local :
> >http://www.gimp.org/source/howtos/gimpenv
>
> OK.
>
> >then type "source gimpenv" before "perl Makefile.PL"
>
> OK.
>
> That didn't really seem necessary.  AFAICT, it simply added
> "/opt/gnome/lib/pkgconfig" to my $PKG_CONFIG_PATH, "/opt/gnome/bin" to
> my $PATH, and "opt/gnome/lib" to my $LD_LIBRARY_PATH - all of which
> already contained those paths as you can see below.
>
> >btw, you seem to have a handle on some *nix things that i don't.
>
> Really?  Hmmm...  That makes me feel good, I guess. :)
>
> >I still fumble around when trying to use echo.
>
> I really only use it whenever I want to see the contents of my $PATH
> variable.
>
> >it is one of the problems that happens when you get things working and
> >they work so well for so long.
>
> >again, thank you for your persistence.
>
> You're welcome, I suppose.  Thanks for yours as well.
>
> Honestly, though, I don't feel, though, that I'm doing anything out of
> the ordinary whenever I run into this kind of trouble with something on
> my system.
>
> BTW, nothing improved. :)

inspite of my couple of mistyped instructions, this should have worked.
i am curious if you have gimptool installed now after installing the
developer package from your distribution (was it suse?).

i am trying to save face here and read the man page for pkg-config.
what does "pkg-config --modversion gimp-2.0" report?

carol