On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:58:24PM -0500, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Friday 03 February 2006 02:57 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> Now I have a problem with GLIB. Versions up thorugh gimp 2.3.3
> don't have the problem.. Versions newer than that complain about an obsolete
> GLIB. I updated glib to 2.8.2 and now there is a mismatch between
> what I have and what some program finds. There are lots of clever
> hints printed out about how to get around the problem, none of
> which work for me. Fortunately I always have virgin partition
> laying around to compensate for my own fumbling. I had to move
> one file around but then 2.3.3 would compile. It still won't
> compile on my main partition. But bottom line I now have
> 2.3.3.Newer versions won't compile in either partition.
purely from an observers point of view, they try to step together.  from
glib through gimp.  it is all the family of gimp-0.6, i think.  unlike
living families, a group of software like glib through gimp are
dependent on each other.

slackware is when you install something and only upgrade when it is
convinient, benefical or interesting to you, right?

> My principal concern is, what happens when 2.4 comes out? Will it
> require an upgrade to my glib? How much misery grief and woe can
> I expect?
of course you will have to do this.  how much of your computer relies on