Hello all,

I'm slowing getting familiar with gimp/gimpshop. And so I thought I would try a couple of toy problems. One toy problem is to create a venn diagram. The resulting image would look something like a Visa logo, except the colors of the circles would be blue and yellow, with the intersection being green. Here's an SVG version[1] which is close to what I'm looking for. Notice, though, that the intersection is the wrong color. (Modified from the Mozilla website on SVG[2].

To clarify, I'm not looking to select the intersection based on color and then fill the selection with green, but rather have gimp/gimpshop imitate what one would do in the real world with color filters, e.g. acetate[3], and a white light.

Can this be done with the gimp/gimpshop? I'm assuming I should be looking at layer masking and transparency. Pointers in the right direction appreciated.

[1] http://cwelug.org/~rwcitek/blue+yellow=green.xml
[2] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/svg/
[3] http://www.misterart.com/store/view/001/group_id/420/Grafix- Colored-Clear-Lay-Acetate-Film.htm

- Robert
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent