On Feb 25, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Akkana Peck wrote:
To get a better feel for how colors combine, try this exercise:
make a black background layer. On top of it, make three circles,
each in its own layer, one colored red, one green, and one blue.
Move the circles so that they overlap each other partially but not
completely. Now, in the Layers dialog, set each of the three circles
to Addition mode and watch how they combine. Play with circles of
different colors in different layer modes to see what happens.

Thanks. I played a little and got close to what I want. I'll post my notes in a bit. Yup, in Gimp blue + yellow != green, despite what I learned from Ziploc. :)

Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/downloads
Help others get OpenSource software.  Distribute FLOSS
for Windows, Linux, *BSD, and MacOS X with BitTorrent