Yo Tim,

> I've been using ufraw for the past several months and like it quite a
> bit.

Thanks. After picking though the replies I have received, I found the
diamond in the dross. I deleted rawphoto (can't be there if ufraw is
there), kept dcraw in usr/bin...needed for other viewer programs &
installed ufcraw from SuSE 10.1 DVD in opt/gnome/lib/gimp/2.2/plug-ins.

Now wasn't that just the easiest!

 You're right, as I also said, it a very nice plugin...does the job very
well & with ease. Installing it was also easy...ah hem ;^).

I hope you don't mind my jaunty salutation, makes me feel young & list
email is too informal for the usual one.

Gracia...Cooleemee, NC   Registered Linux user #263390 - SuSE 10.1 Pro
carrying the cross- Sinclair Lewis