Hi Daniel,

Adjustment layers do sound like a great idea but they're not a part of the GIMP. I found a script-fu plugin that does something similar, but is limited because it only allows the user to apply specific functions:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1473128/

I find that copying the current layer to a new one and practising on that, or using a large undo buffer helps a lot. There's also the "anti-erase" function of the Erase tool that looks like it restores part of the layer below the one you're working on.

HTH,
Donncha.

Daniel Barna wrote:
Hi,
I have searched a lot about adjustment layers in the gimp, but only found complaining messages about their absence (in contrast to Photoshop). I am a newbie, and I was advised by an expert friend to use Photoshop due